Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday!

I consider myself a crafter, but I definitely spend a lot more time looking at tutorials online than I do actually making things! So every Tuesday, I'm going to share some of the millions of tutorials that I have bookmarked in my travels on the internets.

On this first Tutorial Tuesday, I have three super cute bag tutorials. All of them are easy and don't require a lot of hard-to-find materials. I hope you find something that you'd really like to make!


(1) The first tutorial is from The Inadvertent Farmer, and it's for a felted ruffle laptop tote.


 All you need for this project is an old wool sweater, cute fabric for the lining, and access to a washing machine (to felt the sweater) and a sewing machine. I love anything with ruffles, and I think this laptop tote looks very sweet and girly.


(2) Our second tutorial, from blue-eyed freckle, is for a clutch made out of a dollar store placemat. I've actually made this one, and it was easy, fast, cheap, and fashionable.


(3) Noodlehead has a tutorial for a gathered clutch.

I wanted to make a bunch of these for Christmas gifts this year, but I ended up running out of time. At some point I am going to whip some up, though, because these are just a bit more special than your everyday pouch.

All of the project photos used in this post come from the blogs linked.

No comments:

Post a Comment