Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pineapple Cupcakes!


As I've mentioned before, I'm currently on Weight Watchers. I really love it, and it's helped me lose nearly 50 pounds in the past year. While I think Weight Watchers is awesome, it gets a little difficult around the holidays. I love to bake, especially cupcakes, but it's hard for me to set aside the points to be able to actually eat the things I make. Last week, I came across a promising recipe at one of my favorite food blogs, Gina's Skinny Recipes. It's for Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes, and not only are they low in calories, but they're made with only two ingredients! I made them this afternoon, and they taste amazing. I've posted the super-simple recipe after the jump.

 
Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes from Gina's Skinny Recipes

 Ingredients:
1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
1 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in juice

Preheat your oven to the temperature listed on the box. Put paper cupcake liners into two mufffin tins. 

Pour the cake mix and the can of pineapple (with all of it's juice) into a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until it's well mixed. (I didn't feel like using an electric mixer, so I just stirred with a wooden spoon for about a minute.) Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full. Bake the cupcakes as directed on the box. It should be about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean. Let them cool before topping them with your choice of frosting.

I topped my cupcakes with Cool Whip Free and sprinkles, but Gina has a pineapple cream cheese frosting recipe on her site that looks delicious.

Each cupcake (without any frosting) has 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, and only 93.5 calories!



No comments:

Post a Comment