Saturday, June 18, 2011

Caturday

Caturday by hello jenny
Caturday, a photo by hello jenny on Flickr.

No time to write a real post... I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow, so I need to go to sleep. I have to finish up a blog post for a group project as well.

Tomorrow is Father's Day, a pretty depressing holiday for those of us who have lost our fathers... I'm sure it will get better the more time that passes, but now, only a year later, it's still pretty sad. Usually the sadness only comes through when I hear of someone's dad being sick, or when someone dies. Or maybe if I hear Steely Dan (he was a fan) on the radio. My dad wasn't a perfect guy, and we didn't even always get along. But he was my dad. And it is really hard to accept that I am never ever going to get the chance to see him or talk to him again.

So I am just going to hope that we don't get a lot of people taking their dads out for coffee at my store tomorrow. And that I don't have to help too many people who want to buy a present for their dad. Maybe it won't be too bad, and I'll just be distracted by all the things I have going on.

I didn't intend to write out this bummer post, but I guess it's been on my mind. :(

1 comment:

Anne said...

Sending good thoughts.

Post a Comment