Monday, June 13, 2011

Best Coast + Design

Recently, I've become totally obsessed with Amazon's MP3 Store and the Amazon Cloud Player. $5 albums are my jam, and not having to fill up my laptop's hard drive with MP3s is pretty awesome.

The album I've been listening to the most lately is Best Coast's Crazy For You. It is amazing, and I keep listening to it over and over. It has helped me through a monster of a Microsoft Access assignment, a bunch of reading, and a few webdesign projects. Here's one of my favorite jams:



On the webdesign tip, can I just say how hard it is for me to design things that are not cutesy? Cute is my default. Unfortunately, cute is not really appropriate for library school group blogs. :(  I think I was able to come up with some nice, adult designs, but it took me so much longer than it would to design a personal blog. Oh well.

In other news: I got a haircut today! Nothing exciting, just a trim and some bangs. I also heard back from a friend who gave me the good news that I'll be able to start volunteering at her library very soon! I'm super excited about it; she's a youth services librarian, and I am going to be helping in her department. Youth services is the area that I am interested in, so I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment