Friday, May 6, 2011

Contacts!

The eye appointment I mentioned in my last post happened yesterday at 10 am. I went to a new eye doctor, and I'm really happy I did! He was super nice and explained every single thing that was happening, which was pretty cool. For the past few years, I haven't had any vision insurance, so I had been going to America's Best for my glasses. It's super cheap (you get 2 pairs of glasses and an eye exam for $70), and they have lots of cute glasses to choose from, but the actual experience in the office isn't the best. When I was there, I felt like my optometrist didn't really know what she was doing. Eep! Anyway, the new optometrist was awesome, so yay! 


So, now I have contacts! Yesterday it was really sunny, and I was able to wear some really cute sunglasses I bought from H&M last year. You might take wearing sunglasses for granted, but for me, it was THE BEST THING EVAR!!!1! I know that I could have just bought some prescription sunglasses, but I never did. What I used to do instead was buy the most gigantic pair of sunglasses I could find and put them on over my glasses while driving. I looked like a total dork, but it worked. I wouldn't wear them that way outside of the car, though, so I'd walk around squinting whenever I was outside.

My only obstacle now is to get used to myself without my glasses on. My face feels naked! Whenever I see myself in the mirror, I feel like I'm looking at a stranger. I'm hoping I'll get used to it soon!

me, with no glasses!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Dood! Your hair is so rockin' right now, and you look terrific!

Post a Comment