Friday, September 23, 2011

blue jeans

I've been listening to a lot more new music lately, because I have a three month subscription to Sirius/XM in my new car... Which means I get to listen to SiriusXMU, which was my favorite radio station back when it was called Left of Center. I got rid of my satellite radio subscription shortly after the merger of Sirius and XM, but I am definitely thinking of keeping it when the three months are up. It's nice to be able to hear songs that I love (they play lots of Best Coast, the Smith Westerns, and the Dum Dum Girls), and to discover new artists that I hadn't heard about.

One of the new artists I've encountered is Lana Del Rey. Well, it appears that homegirl's been manufactured like a Backstreet Boy, so it's not cool to like her... And yes, she apparently decided that collagen injections were the way to go. Well, I can't help it. I really enjoy this song:



I mean, I have no problems with manufactured pop stars or cheesy music in general, so why should an inauthentic indie pop lady bother me? I don't care what she looks like or what she used to be called, I just care if the music is enjoyable. In my opinion, Blue Jeans is. So there.

1 comment:

jesse said...

Love this post! I really have been enjoying a few of Lana Del Rey's songs too - so catchy it hurts.

Post a Comment